Sep 4, 2009

Light Rings

In an earlier post I showed you guys some portraits I did of my buddy Israel Groveman. It was a lot of fun hanging out with him and learning about cool lighting techniques and the importance of using Photoshop.

One of the coolest toys he had was his ABR800 AlienBees Ringflash. The quality and control of this flash is one of the best I have seen for under $400. It's ability to distribute a powerful flash with virtualy no hard shadows is amazing. This is definatley a tool I will need to add to my bag in the future.

I used this light for Israel's portraits and they look great. He snapped some pictures of me and I must say, I am becoming more comfortable in front of the lens. A new career maybe? Doubt it. I think I will stay behind the lens and let others look beautiful.

Photos shot by Israel Groveman
Post Processing by me
Contender Jacket by Lululemon Athletica


0 comments:

Post a Comment