Sep 20, 2009

Despondent

Yesterday I had the chance to be on the set of my friend Israel Groveman's movie, "Despondent" to shoot stills. This movie is the brain child of Israel and another friend of mine, Joe Falcione. A few years back Joe began his own company, Reliant Films, which producesMachinima trailers for video games. He then partnered with Israel on an idea for a movie about a hitman. This began the three year project which is now coming to a closure. Yesterday they were filming the final sequences for the movie which they hope to have out in 2010.

It was sure a blast to be on the set. It made me feel as if I were a little kid again playing man hunt in the park with my friends. I know I have blogged about Israel before and how he is truly a gifted individual but seeing him in character brings out that intense side of him that makes him out to be the next Kiefer Sutherland. It is quite entertaining to see actually.

Though I was not able to stick around for the entire day, I enjoyed hanging out on the set and seeing my friends do what they do best. I was a little nervous, however, about someone in the neighborhood we were shooting in calling the cops due to all of the replica semi-automatic weapons the cast was running around with. Luckily no trouble was stirred up. In fact, it seemed to draw some attention from onlookers. I guess people thought Hollywood had come out to the middle of nowhere to shoot a film.

Just as an FYI: ALL WEAPONS IN THESE PICTURES ARE FAKE. THEY ARE MADE OF PLASTIC. THESE ARE MOVIE PROPS. Just wanted to clear up any misunderstanding.




0 comments:

Post a Comment