Sep 30, 2009

Kate Ochsman

As many of you may or may not know, I really love clothes. My friends regularly make fun of how much I love to go to a store and try stuff on. I have, in previous posts, mentioned that one of my favorite stores is Lululemon Athletica. The clothes are so comfortable and they really do a good job of designing men's work out clothes. Aside from the clothes, I love the people who work there. That is where I met Kate Ochsman.

Kate is a local theater actress who has a love for connecting with people through entertainment. A few months ago Kate asked me to take some portraits of her for her portfolio. To my surprise her web site had regular, candid pictures that were taken with a point and shoot camera. I gladly agreed to jump in and offer my services. She told me that she would be honored to have me take her pictures because she really did like my work. That made me smile and blush. I guess I am still learning how to take compliments LOL. After a few schedule changes, we finally got together today and shot some portraits at Glen Echo Park.

Kate was so easy to work with. She is very creative and offered some cool ideas during the shoot that we tried out. Her adventurous attitude is one that leads her to try out anything, even if it seems a little silly. Being an actress made directing her very simple and she really did an amazing job of showing some good emotions for the camera.

It was a joy and honor to work with her and I know there will be more collaborating in the future.

You can read more about Kate on her web site. Be sure to catch her as "Lizzie" on the Obamanologues.





0 comments:

Post a Comment