Aug 23, 2009

The Studio Shoot

So this past Friday I finally did it... I did a studio shoot with my friend Rachel using my old school Speedotron Light Kit. It was so much fun!

A little background:

About a month or two ago my friend Rachel and I were talking about doing a fashion style shoot for some of her vintage clothing that she sells through her site. I loved her idea and felt that we shared the same passion and vision for the project. I must admit... I was very nervous about how it was all going to turn out. Why? Well first off Rachel is a former Redskins cheerleader. She is very comfortable in front of a camera and has worked with some amazing photographers in the past. Secondly, I have played around with studio lights for fun before but had never done a real shoot with them.

Despite how under qualified I felt, I had an amazing time and Rachel made me very comfortable and took direction very well. I learned that good wine and playing the "Black Eyed Peas" made things go much smoother. Having friends on the "set" is another great way to calm my nerves too. It was cool to have Natalie and my good friend Rachel H. hang out during the shoot.

Rachel thank you for making this shoot one of the most fun shoots I have done. I look forward to working more with you.


0 comments:

Post a Comment