So as many of you know, in between weddings and engagement pictures I occasionally take on some fun assignments. This week I got to shoot at the Legg Mason Tennis Classic and yesterday was the final. My sports fix was being met in full.

I envy sports photographers for their amazing shots and ability to think fast. The only thing I don't dig about them is the smug attitude they can some times possess towards those who either:

1. don't shoot with a Canon
or
2. don't have a fast enough camera

All week my NIKON D90 got some funny looks from the other photographers. Yesterday was different. I was fortunate enough to borrow my father's NIKON D3.

That's right... my little buddy brought his big brother along to ward off the Canon bullies. My Nikon friends along the court side and in the stands seemed to make room for "big poppa" and it felt great.

Despite the amazing weather we had for most of the week, the familiar Washington D.C. humidity returned to set the stage for yesterday's Men's final.

The Challenger: the All American boy, Andy Roddick
The Defending Champion: 2008 Legg Mason Champ Juan Martin Del Potro

Andy Roddick was favored to win the title and put on a great show for us all week. Sunday's match seemed to be a challenge for the tennis superstar who, despite putting up a good fight, could not take down the defending champion.

I had so much fun this week and hope to get other opportunities to do some more sports stuff... especially a REDSKINS GAME!!! We'll see.

For now, it's back to reality... no more D3 (sad face)... for now. Don't worry "little buddy" (aka Nikon D90) I still love you!






0 comments:

Post a Comment